Badrinath, a trip to holy place

On 11/10/2016 I, along with my college friends RSV and TK visited the holy place Badrinath. We drove around 650 km (round trip) on the bike in four days. I never thought we will be having so much fun and adventurous during the trip. My friends have been planning this trip for a quite long time. I was mostly going to skip the trip but due to a sudden change in my mood, I packed my luggage and booked train and bus tickets immediately.

My journey started from Hyderabad and I was about to board a direct train to Delhi. The moment I left my house in Hyderabad I started getting various hiccups and action. Somehow after beating the odds like traffic, I caught my train to Delhi. The next day, afternoon I was in Delhi and to my surprise, it was very hot there. Due to sudden game plan, I didn't book my bus tickets. Still, I wanted to catch a bus to Dehradun as early as possible. Within 1 hr,  I reached bus station and got a local bus to Dehradun. I relaxed and stretched my legs a bit after boarding the bus. It took me 6.30 to reach Dehradun. I called my friend, TK to inform him about my arrival. In short span of time, I was in his room. We were meeting after 8 months and there was a lot of things to share and discuss among us. But coming to the important point first, I was very hungry and was not able to have a good meal since morning. I ordered butter chicken and roasted chicken to kill my craving hunger. During the dinner, we discussed plans for next day and I inquired the whereabout of our another friend, RSV. RSV was on time and was arriving Dehradun on next day in the morning.

It was early morning 5 O' clock and we were in our deep sleep, our other friend, RSV arrived Dehradun. TK somehow managed to get up and guide RSV to his address of room. After they both settled down and we all went to sleep again. After 2-3 hours we all woke up and inquired about the planning for the trip. TK and I decided to pick up 2 bikes on rent. We enquired about bikes from different dealers and we were able to get 2 bikes of our choice. We got 1 Royal Enfield classic and 1 Avenger. We were happy as both the bikes were in good condition. Soon enough we all gathered our luggage from TK's room and were ready to leave from Dehradun on bikes.



With full of adrenaline rush and energy, we were ready to cover a 300+ km trip to the Badrinath. Our next destination was Joshimath which would take about 8 to 10 hrs ride from Dehradun. We were Already 2 to 3 hrs late for the trip so were not expecting to reach our planned destination Joshimath. Joshimath was about 250kms from Dehradun and is green city situated in the lap of Shivalik  range.

During our whole trip, we enjoyed a lot and captured a lot of lasting memories. This was first bike trip for me and RSV. We captured a lot of videos while driving bike. The memories which we all shared will last forever with us.



Here is a wonderful picture captured during our way to Joshimath.



I was around 6 O' clock of the evening and we were just able to drive 180 km's. We were thinking to reach Rudraprayag. Rudraprayag is a vibrant city having good hotels and restaurants. We decided to stay and rest overnight at Rudraprayag.

It was the 2nd day, we all started early and were having plans to reach Badrinath by the end of the day.

We reached Joshimath in afternoon. From Joshimath, it was around 50kms distance to Badrinath. Roads from Govindghat to Badrinath were not good and were entirely damaged. That's why we slowed down our speed to 30-35 km/hr. We reached Govindghat around 6pm in evening. The weather already started going against us. It started getting very cold. Badrinath is at around 3000m and in night temperature drops below 15oC. We planned to go slowly and take 1-2 shots for getting warmth. Soon we reached Badrinath around 8'O clock. As planned we wanted to visit the temple as soon as possible and it was also going to close by 9 pm. Soon enough we were able to find a room for staying overnight. We dropped our luggage at room and left for visiting temple.

The temperature in Badrinath was around below18 C and was making our body shivering. Badrinath, made me feel like our bike mission accomplished. In last 2 days, we have all traveled so far to visit this holy place. The place which has been called a sacred place of lord Shiva for ages. The temple was beautiful and was definitely a piece of art protected well inside the hilly ranges. Our 2nd day has already left me mesmerized by giving so much to see and capture from eyes.

On the 3rd day, we needed to start our journey back to Dehradun. We all decided to start very early. Our next destination was Mana which was about 3kms from Badrinath. We planned to spend 2 hours in visiting Mana. Mana has very good sight seeing spots and always been an attraction for visitors. It is also termed as "the last village"  because Tibet border is near from Mana. Mana's few famous spots include Bhim Pul and Vyas Gufa.

Soon we captured all the beautiful moments and were ready to leave from Mana. We decided to travel as much as possible on that day. Finally, we were able to reach Rudraprayag by evening 5pm. Still, we could travel 2 to 3 hrs more so we decided to leave for Devprayag. Devprayag was 50 km away from Rudraprayag. We were able to reach Devprayag by 7.30pm. To our disappointment, Devprayag was not as big as we expected. The city was having limited hotels and only a few restaurant or Dhabas. After hustling for an hour or so we got room to stay and a place to kill our hunger.
Our next day plan was to complete our trip till Dehradun. It was around 3 to 4 hrs journey to Rishikesh from Devprayag. Our trip was going to complete early than expected by us.

The next day i.e. our 4th day we also planned to go for rafting. Our trip ended before time so we thought to utilize this time. A lot of adventurous people just visit Rishikesh for rafting during this season. As Rishikesh will be coming in between our trip so this adventurous sport is worth a try. We decided to go for 12kms long rafting trip. Here is a pic when we were ready for this adventurous rafting ride.

The water was very cold. Our Rafting trip was short but was full of fun and rocking experience. The rafting concluded in short time. We were very hungry and we planned to have lunch before we leave for Dehradun. RSV and I are pure non-vegetarians and we were thinking to have butter chicken or roasted chicken. But to disappointment, there were no non-veg restaurants available in that area. As Rishikesh is a holy place non-veg is not allowed due to religious sentiments. Then, we had the only choice of having a veg meal.

We left for Dehradun after finishing our lunch. Dehradun is very near to Rishikesh and it takes around just 1.5hrs. Our happening trip was going to end. I captured a lot of moments and shared a lot of memories with my friends. I hope these trips never ends and my friends keep planning for such memorable trips.


Comments