Germany trip

I was getting very late as it was already 5 pm. And as usual, thoughts of starting early next time started flooding my mind. My train was from Saint Lazare Gare and it was about to depart in few hours. While, I was still in my room deciding what to carry my bag for the whole journey. I was also packing some dinner which I will be having during the overnight journey to Hamburg. I was never good at cooking but somehow I finished cooking biryani and some sandwiches in few minutes and left my dear Rouen. It will take nearly 45 min to reach Rouen station and then 80 minutes more to reach Paris Saint Lazare. The excitement was at peak and when was about to board the train. It was also going to be a long 14hrs journey. Again, I was trying to save money during the trip Rouen to Paris by forging my travel pass. Everyone must be thinking I did save a lot of money by implementing all these stuff.  But in the end, I really didn’t save any buck as all went in paying fine when I was caught by an inspector.

I reached Paris around 9’O clock in the night and there was an awesome weather. My train was about to arrive at the station so I was waiting at the station. Within few minutes my train arrived at the station and I finally boarded the train. It was a night sleeper train that means I can sleep comfortably in the train. I started searching for my seat number here and there and soon I found my cabin in which my seat was located. There was a Swedish family who was going to visit Hamburg and their cute daughter was also accompanying them. I settled in no time on my seat. I initiated a conversation with one of the family member obviously the girl member. We chatted for hours on different subjects. Her father was also a cool man and he already had been to India when he was young. He started sharing his memories of India and was greatly impressed by heritage and religious culture of it.  I felt happy after hearing about his adventure days in my country. We all had a nice discussion and it was time to go to bed. We went to bed around 10pm. 


It was a great morning in Hamburg. I said bye to Swedish family and they wished me luck for rest of my journey. I started going through all the plan in my head.  First, I decided I will explore the nearby places in Hamburg. I visited sea coast, park and went to have ferry ride. It was evening already and I was planning out Bremen which was my next destination. In evening I took a train to Bremen.
Bremen was a nice city. Inspite of spread across small area, city was having well build infrastructure. I visited old heritage building like monuments and statues. I explored them during till afternoon. After exploring city a while, I was feeling exhausted. I sat in the garden for gaining some of my stamina back. I came across with a local person who was just sitting beside me. Soon, we started a discussion about his and my country. We soon diversified on some hot topics like religion, casteism and cultures in India. I asked his suggested places to visit in France and Germany. It was already 2 hours since we started talking and then I asked his permission to leave. I had a chicken burger at a small stall on the street. Now it was time to leave, I left towards the station and was started making some plans for coming next day. The next day I will be catching a train back to Saint Lazare station Paris. It was my 2nd time in Germany and I loved it as I was carrying a lot of memories and random conversation with strangers.

Comments