My abroad trip


This is Jalaj Khajotia and today I want to describe my experiences about my journey to France which I still remember till date. It has been 2 years, I have been abroad. I went to Rouen, France for my internship during my college days. If somebody would ask me how it was, I would have said it was simply awesome. I did my intern at University of Rouen, France which was awesome place to work. New people, new culture, new food and last but most important awesome climate. Since I am from the hottest part of India, I loved being there. It used to rain every day during June which I simply loved. And most of people would not be aware that in summers there they have around 13-14 hrs. sunshine a day, which makes it different esp. for Indians.
That day still floats in my head sometime when I came to airport around 10 pm to catch my flight which was at 1.30 am. Yeah you are correct who the hell boards at that time but I was not having many choices of flight. My parents came to see me off at airport I was having mixed feelings as it was supposed to be my first time in aircraft. Airport officials didn’t allowed my parents to go in which made me bit nervous with coming official formalities. Finally it all went well as immigration people didn’t asked much questions. It took me around 12 hrs. to reach Paris via a connecting flight at Zurich. I tasted my first French wine during this flight only. I started having some conversation with a few persons during my travel which included American and Indians. It gave me some comfort as initially I was nervous what is going to happen in foreign land. After 12hr of exhausting journey I was finally at Paris. In morning at Charles de Gaulle airport I was waiting for my checked in baggage. That complete my first flight and started a trip which was filled with whole new of experiences and adventure.
I took me 1 week of time for getting settled in Rouen. There was some different fragrance in air around me which soothed me a lot. One PhD. student from my laboratory only helped me a lot in understanding how the things works in that new area. After one week my whole adventure started, I was already having my Eurail pass ready for 12 days and which was valid in 5 countries i.e. France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, and Netherlands. My actual adventure started with a trip to Brussels with a college friend. After that I went to an awesome beach Etereta where one song of “Bachanaa ye haseeno” movie was shooted. It was an awesome trip with one friend, Sandip PhD. Student who was from Pune,India. We captured hell lot of photos which were totally awesome. Dippe, another beach was my next destination with few other colleagues who were friend of Sandip. Berlin, Germany was calling me from a long time so just listened to my heart and went there. Madam Tussads museum was so real, and simply hilarious in seeing. Munich, city in where Olympics once held was my next stop. BMW museum welt, Deueche museum, Olympic stadium made my day at Munich. Finally I was in city of love, Venice. Roaming in lanes of Venice felt different as it was very beautiful and looked awesome at night. It was bit hot at day time still I let sun to eat my charm. Rome, city of history was next destination which made me to look back at history. Pisa, city having one of the wonders of world was my last adventure trip. In fact I should say, my entire journey in foreign land was adventurous. I enjoyed every moment and tried to capture most of beautiful moment from them. I want to say thanks to those who made my trip successful and those random people with whom I had a lot of conversations.


Jalaj Khajotia

Comments