IITs

               
IITs are still considered as a brand and I hope in future also they maintain the same level as of today.
If we are talking about science and technology or about cutting edge research, we still count on the primer Institutes of India. A degree from such colleges is still a privilege and I am grateful to have it. At present there are 16 IITs in our country. Out of which 8 are old and 8 are newly developed. All old IITs are spread across hundreds of acres and have well developed infrastructure like lecture halls, sports facilities and research labs. In IITs academics and sports both play a vivid role in a student’s life.
I am an alumnus of IIT Roorkee 13 batch, Metallurgical & Material Engineering. I still remembers my 4 incredible years at IIT. That was the place where I have groomed, learned and went through tough situations. My time at campus was amazing and nothing could have replaced it. IIT R is developing very fast and you could expect a lot of changes in coming years including both infrastructure and academics. With our new director Dr. Pradipta Banerjee in position we are already seeing some good changes in academics. I am sure in future IIT R will develop further and keep on excelling in field of education and research.
I was of 19 yrs when I joined the undergraduate program at IIT R. Some of my friends were just 17 yrs when they joined college with me. Most of us understood life after coming to college. Our aspiration and dreams get new shape at this level only. Including me, most of my classmate really didn’t know why we joined particular program at this institute. But you would be exited to know no one of us got disappointed. Actually it was the environment, culture and opportunities for which we joined IITR. We all realized this fact sooner or later. IIT R is located at very nice and beautiful place which is very green also. Almost all the IITs are established at such places so that a student get a nice environment to lean and adapt to other things. When you are at campus like IIT, you will find a variety of opportunities including curricular and extra-curricular. There is so much to explore from the surroundings around you and the beautiful thing is that you will feel like another home away from home.

Most of the important things which shape student life at IITs are research work, students clubs, sports arena, cultural and technical festivals. Being a part of only few of things can develop your personality and inner confidence so much that you fight any battle. I was part of Himalyan explorer’s club, within this club I went for various trekking events and participated in few cycle races. I sincerely believe that these curricular activities can teach you some basic lessons of life which are very essential to learn in life. Apart that IITians have a very sharp and analytical mind so you will be surrounded with smartest friends, who can solve anything. At the end I would say I loved my stay at IIT which helped me in achieving a lot of my endeavors and I am grateful to be part of it.

Comments