My first abroad trip



Today I want to describe my experiences about my journey to France which I still remember till date. It has been 2 years, I have been abroad. I went to Rouen, France for my internship during my college days. If somebody would ask me how it was, I would say it was simply awesome. I did my intern at the University of Rouen, France which was an awesome place to work. New people, new culture, new food and last but most important awesome climate. Since I am from the hottest part of India, I loved being there. It used to rain every day during June which I simply loved. Most of the people would not be aware that in summers, they have around 13-14 hrs of sunshine a day and it makes it different especially for Indians.


That day still floats in my head sometimes when I came to the airport to catch my flight which was at 1.30. Yeah, you are correct who the hell boards at that time but I had not had many choices of flight. My parents came to see me off at the airport I was having mixed feelings as that was my first time at the airport and in aircraft. Airport officials didn’t allow my parents to go in which made me a bit nervous with coming official formalities. In morning at Charles de Gaulle airport, I was waiting for mine checked-in baggage. Finally, it took me 9 hrs. to reach Paris via a connecting flight to Zurich. I tasted my first French wine during this flight only. I had some conversation with a few persons during my travel including American and Indians which gave me some comfort. That completes my first flight and starts a trip which was filled with whole new of experiences and adventure.

I took 1 week for getting settled in Rouen. There was some different fragrance in the air which soothed me a lot. One PhD. A student from my laboratory only helped me a lot in understanding how the things work in that new area.


After one week my whole adventure started, I already made Eurail pass for 12 days which was valid in 5 countries i.e. France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, and Netherlands. 

My adventure started with a trip to Brussels with a college friend. After that, I went to an awesome beach Etereta where one song of “Bachanaa ye Haseeno”  movie had been shot.


 It was an awesome trip on which one Indian, Sandip PhD. The student was also accompanying me. We made captured hell lot of photos which still stop my eyes whenever I saw them.

Dippe, another beach was my next destination with few Indian who was living nearby to Sandip. 


Berlin, Germany was calling me from a long time so just listened to my heart and went there. Madam Tussauds museum was so real, n simply hilarious in seeing.

Munich, a city in where Olympics once held was my next stop. BMW museum welt, Deutsche Museum, Olympic stadium made my day at Munich.

Finally, I was in the city of love, Venice. Roaming in lanes of Venice felt different as it was very beautiful and looked awesome at night. It was bit hot at that time still I dint sun to eat my charm.


Rome, the city of history was next destination which made me look back at history. Pisa, the city having one of the wonders of the world was my last adventure trip. In fact, I should say, my entire journey abroad was adventurous. I enjoyed every moment and tried to capture most of the beautiful moment from them. I want to say thanks to those who made my trip successful and those random people with whom I had a lot of interesting conversations.

Comments